Sagard invests in approved and commercialized biopharmaceutical products, diagnostics, and medical devices globally through Sagard Healthcare Royalty Partners ("SHRP"), launched in January 2019. We focus on investments in approved and commercialized assets protected by strong intellectual property.
Sagard’s healthcare royalties business is led by David MacNaughtan (Head of Sagard Healthcare Royalty Partners), Ali Alagheband (Partner), and Raja Manchanda (Partner), all three of whom have known each other for over a decade and worked across three organizations.
- We are a proven team of industry experts with deep experience in a complex investment strategy and a history of working together.
- We have a flexible mandate including royalties, royalty-backed debt, and credit to enable deployment of capital to areas of higher relative value.
- Our fund structure is best suited for long-dated, cash generating assets such as royalties
- We have access to Sagard Holdings' operational infrastructure, business support and network, enabling our team to focus and accelerate scaling.
- Biopharmaceutical royalties, royalty securitizations, structured credit investments globally
- Investment size between US$5M to US$100M